Sunday, September 15, 2013

Skål!

CHEERS! Writing to let you all know I survived my 21st birthday ;) I spent my birthday weekend in the beautiful happenin' city of Copenhagen. But first, on Thursday some of my close friends in Lund came over to attempt a random cake recipe which (thanks to Katie) turned out amazing!



On Friday, a few of us headed to Copenhagen for some shopping and sight seeing. We met up with a high school friend who happens to be studying in Copenhagen for the semester as well. Melissa was so sweet to open up her home to us. Her Danish roommate took the time to make me a traditional Danish birthday cake even though we'd just met! Melissa even planned a small get together of other American students to celebrate. It was almost like home!

First stop...Danish bakery. To eat a Danish. What else?


Yup. In two days I got three cakes.
The baker herself!
So great to see a familiar face! Loveeee youuu Melissa!
Melissa and I found this hole in the wall cafe Saturday morning. Super Nintendo, record playing, Danishes and coffee. What is not to love? 
After a truly unforgettable weekend celebration full of sunshine, friends, Danish sweets, a few drinks, splurging and sightseeing, I am definitely ready to get back to my routine. Both the gym and my mountainous stack of reading are calling my name. Congrats to Buddy and Alyssa on another weekend of W's! You're both studs and make me so proud.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I'm so grateful to have such amazing people in my life. And for those of you back home, I can NOT wait to celebrate in December!!

Until next time,
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment